When you are in need of emergency dental care, we are there for you. As a general rule, you should call our office when you experience a dental emergency. Whether it is an abscessed tooth, broken crown or veneer, broken or chipped tooth, fillings lost or loose or toothache Winneconne Family Dentistry can safely treat the problem.
If your dental emergency occurs during our working day, we will accommodate you that same day. Dr. Ryan understands how painful tooth pain can be. We know not every need for emergency dental care occurs during our working day, so please call Dr. Ryan on his cell phone at 920-242-9225 when an after hours emergency occurs, so he may make arrangements to help you as soon as possible.
Emergency Dental Care Winneconne treatments include (but not limited to):
- Abscessed Tooth
- Bleeding or Swelling Gums
- Broken, Chipped, or Lost Tooth
- Dental Injuries in Children
- Crown or Veneers Came Off
- Tooth Extractions
- Fillings Loose or Lost
- Jaw Pain/Headaches
Some Dental Emergency Tips – What You Can Do Before Your Visit
• To prevent further aggravation to the sensitive area eat soft foods.
• Keep your head and mouth elevated; lying down in a horizontal position will cause the pain to intensify.
• To reduce swelling or bleeding, apply an ice pack.
Toothaches & Swollen Gums
• Clean the area around the sore tooth thoroughly by rinsing your mouth vigorously with warm salt water. If face is swollen, apply a cold compress. Take acetaminophen for pain and see a dentist as soon as possible.
Cracked or Chipped Tooth
• Avoid hot or cold liquids as cracked teeth are very sensitive to temperature extremes. Abstain from chewing on the cracked tooth, as the pressure may result in future damage and pain.
Knocked Out Teeth
• If possible, retrieve the fully intact tooth. Pick up the tooth by the crown.
• Handling tooth by the root will damage the nerve endings.
• Place the tooth in a glass with milk or salt water.
• Bring the tooth with you to the appointment.